We took the family along with Robert's grandpa and his mom on an outing to the Hill Air force Museum. It's fun and free. They give tours there and it just to happened that I have a great uncle that gives tours there. This uncle is my Mom's Dad's Sister's Husband. (I just like saying that because it sounds funny) Anyway his name is Uncle Ken. He gave us the best tour ever! It was just such a fun trip with Robert's grandpa because Robert's Grandpa-Robert flew in these planes! He went out on 36 missions. He went with 12 groups over stationed over seas (I forget with the groups are called) and only 6 of these groups came home. Robert's grandpa had many jobs in the plan. I think it was the B85 or something like that. I am sure I will be corrected soon. These next two pictures of of the plane he flew in. (not the one with the shark face, the one behind it.) His door was the little hole at the back of the plane that you see there.
Most of these missions were very dangerous and once he came back with only 2 of 6 planes that went out. It just makes my heart break when you hear things like that. I am soo grateful for the men who fought for this country and who are fighting to help others now.
No comments:
Post a Comment