Sunday, August 24, 2008

Now this is how to go fishing!

We went fishing a couple of years ago here at this farm and loved it so much we came again. It's such a great place for kids to go fishing. My parents invited my whole family up. All four brothers came. I love getting together with the family.
So this farm is up in Ogden I think near Pleasant ville. We started off with a picnic and then went fishing. When you get there they give you some buckets and little poles with lines and hooks. No batting! No rills! They give you some fish food to throw in and the fish just go crazy over it. And then you just wait to get a bit on your line. Now this is how to fish! No expensive poles and bates. No licence. Just all day fun in the sun!
Ammon was so excited! There is just something so cute about a little boy and a fishing pole isn't there!
Lyla got to play with a fish. Ewe!








Kelsy and Anna were feeding the fish!
Anna caught fish number 1,










Kelsy's only fish. She didn't like the fish wiggling all over.








Ammon was also a little worried about the fish moving all over.

Anna's fish #2.

Anna's fish #3.

Anna's fish #4.

She would have kept on going but we told her that was probably enough! She just caught on after the other. Just pulling them out and putting them in the bucket. She is so funny, leave it to Anna to be the one to catch all the fish and just smile like it's no big deal. I think it really is a big deal to her but she doesn't let it show. She makes me smile all the time!

Grandpa teasing the grand kids!

My big brother Camron holding Lyla! He loves his neices and nephews! We love Camron he's always got some smart-alik thing to say, but that's why we love him!

Aunt Sarah and Uncle Drew (my brother #3). They were trying to catch the fish with their hands. Sarah kept getting bit, and it was hard enough that she yelled out "Ouch"!. I love Sarah, she is always being crazy or silly. She is the spur of the moment kind of girl. I wish we lived closer.

Brett (brother #2) He has just the cutest little boys. Anson and Heber, Anson always has the darnedest things to say and Heber just runs around making you laugh. They are funny little boys!

My Dad and little Lyla. I love my Dad. He has got to be the worlds greatest Dad! He is one special guy! A great grandpa!

So after the fish catching we took the fish to the fish house, I think a total of 16 which was very conservative for the family. While they clean and fillet the fish we sat and talked and the kids painted and had snack that grandma brought. Now this is the way to fish I tell you!

I love this picture of Ammon and Robert! They had so much fun!Uncle Aaron (little brother #4), boys and knives huh! They always have to look at all the little blades and gadgets. Aaron is such a great uncle. The kids just love him!

My Grandpa and my Mom and Aaron! What a great day! I loved it! Love you all! Thanks Mom and Dad! I have great parents, I am so glad they got us all together. We had planned a week to go camping together just after the 4th but my Dad had his second emergency detached retina surgery that week so we weren't able to go. I am glad we were able to plan this day together.

I think this last picture looks like Aaron was calling on Robert! IT'S ON AARON!

2 comments:

Emily Norman said...

How fun! Your family looks so great. I'll have to find out how to get to this fishing place. My kids would love it!

Unknown said...

Hey Connie! We love that pond. It is only a couple minutes from my house! We love going there. It is cheap entertainment to let them throw fish food at the fish. Good times!