I really like to run. I know for some people that's just odd. I think that running gets addictive, once you start it's just like a computer game and you just think I can do a little better. The more you go the better it gets. It also helps that I have 2 really great friends who also love it. My friend Heidi is diehard. She waits for no one so you better keep up or you are left behind, it's great because she pushes me so much harder than I would ever do myself. I am completely humbled by her and my friend Liz, I have decided that they are made to run and I am really too short to ever be as fast as they are. I will just believe that I am burning more calories than them because I have to work so much harder just to keep up with them. Liz has been running with me now for about 4 years, she has kept me going and has been great company.
So Liz talked me into getting this Nike+ that keeps track of all your runs for you and how fast and how far. It's lots of fun to see the progress even though I have only run with it twice. I hope I will enjoy it. So I have set goals for myself and I will see how I do. I probably should add some other kind of workouts to those goals. I have a hard time doing anything else because being outside early in the morning is so nice. I need a work out room outside. I guess you would call that gardening which is another love of mine.
3 comments:
Good for you. You say it's hard work, but you 3 always seem to make it look fun. Good luck with your goals.
You are so good!! I HATE running with a passion. Which is ironic since I love soccer so much. I admire you three. I wish I could drag my bum out and run.
Connie!I forgot you are a runner. Remember those great days where we would meet at 2300 and jog that road. We thought we were so great...we were great, right!! I am doing the Top of Utah half marathon. Scared to death. You should come do it with me. how cool would that be. I am not a very fast runner either. i love running with fast people to push your self. I really want one of those Nike+ things too. How much did you get it for???
Post a Comment