I can't believe I have an 8 year old. I can still remember holding this tiny new little baby and how beautiful she was. She is such a sweet blessing. Kelsy has always been our little sponge. She seems to really have a desire to learn and understand things. She has many questions about everything. She has got Robert talking at bed time for hours about a subject. I always have to remind him that it's bed time and we can talk another day. Her really intuitive questions always come at bed time for some odd reason. I worry that with all her questions I still have not prepared her enough. I feel that I just haven't taught her enough. 


Back to her birthday!
Yesterday was her birthday we had a fun somewhat quiet day. After playing with friends all day I took her out to get her ears pierced. We always told her that she had to wait until she was at least 8 years old to get them pierced. (I think now I wish I would have told her maybe 12.) I actually really think they are cute. We had fun and I took pictures of her getting it done and they turned out so cute but I took them with me phone and can't figure out how to get them off. She was so brave though. I thought that at some point she might back out and get scared but she didn't. She just sat up there and was fine. She wasn't even scared for the second one. I was amazed because she usually just gets so scared with things. She cries and whines about her loose tooth for days and days, I ask her "does it hurt?", she says "no, I just think it will hurt". Ya never know. Then afterward we took her out for a birthday dinner, she loves chinese food and buffets so put them together and you got Chinese Gormet.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELSY!
3 comments:
Kelsy looks so grown up! I'm glad she had a fun birthday and I hope that today, Thursday, is a wonderful day for you. Of course we all have those days with our kids, and then later look at them and see only how perfect and sweet they are--part of being a mom.
By the way, my kids only have one more week out of school, when do yours go back? I really thought we would get together this summer--what are you doing next week?
Happy birthday, Kelsy! It's so fun to eight, and o get baptized. Morgan was so excited! We are excited for you too. We hope you have a great day!
Connie,
You are doing such a good job. She is a sweet girl and Morgan really likes her. She is a good friend. Give us a call when you get back from camping. We'd love to get together.
Happy Birthday Kelsy. It sounds like she had a great day!
Post a Comment