Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July Weekend

We started out on Thursday with a late movie. Now that Lyla sleeps all night all the time and she goes to bed pretty early, Robert and I have finally been able to see some movies ALONE. We went and saw Handcock, which I really loved and also thought that it was an interesting story line. Anyway other than some Language I liked it alot.
Friday the 4th we ran our annual 5K run at Murray Park. I don't know why we love it we just do. I would say that it is a challenging run. It's a lot of hills. I don't have as very fast a pace as I used to before I had Lyla but I really wanted to beat my record which was 26:56. I beat it just barely at 26:46. I really had to work for that. When I ran it before I pretty much kept my pace the whole time except sprinted the last little bit. This time I spinted spiratically though the whole run because I just can't keep the faster pace the whole time. Even if I get around the same time next year I hope that I can just keep a nice even fast pace. I was happy to have beat my record just by a little bit, especially since I had a baby inbetween that time.

Later on we went to Robert's Sisters house Jeni. We had a barbaque and the kids got to play in the water and some of them slept. It was a hot afternoon.




Ethan, Tyler, Kristin, Kelsy, Anna, Emily, Ammon, Camron, our friend Ashton, and Lyla, we are missing 2 cousins Zachary and Anthony.













Some of us were really tired!


We went back to Murray Park to watch the Fireworks. The kids have a lot of fun! We played catch and the kids ran around. Mostly I just sit and watch everyone play until it gets dark.



We love Aunt Sarah!
Ammon fell asleep before we got to the park and anyone who knows Ammon there is no waking him up, he slept for about 2 hours there and then I finally got him to wake up not too long before the fireworks started. He will sleep through anything.

1 comment:

Jaqui said...

It looks like you had a fun day. Congrats on breaking your record.