Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The All American Game!


I guess Robert is more American than I am because I just don't get baseball. It's hot and long and slow and all of that. But he LOVES it. I love that he loves it. He is pretty good too. I will just Bragg about him for a min. He is in the highest baseball league and has the 5th best batting average on the entire league. He has been batting a 500 (which I guess is supposed to be good). There are so many rules you would not believe, he tells me after a great hit that, that hit didn't count on his bating average because of such and such. I just don't get it but whatever. He has fun and that is all that matters right. We love him, he is great! He loves sports which in turn has made the kids love being active. We love to play baseball with all the kids in the yard. I am grateful that he is not a sports watcher, he is a sports player, which I would much rather.

He plays on a team called the Astros right now with 2 of his good friends. Donovan works with him at Merrick Bank. We love Don, he is such a nice guy. I am so glad that we have gotten to know him and because of Baseball we see him more often. He is the kids adopted Uncle.
This was a good hit. I know you can't tell but he did pretty good!
I love you Robert!

2 comments:

Jaqui said...

My dad was on a baseball team the whole time I was growing up. When I was little it was always fun to go to the playground while he played the game. As I got older and learned more about the game, it was fun to watch and cheer for him. Thanks for bringing up those good memories! BTW, can you tell me how to post a calendar on my blog?

heather said...

You've got to love those active daddies that show their kids that it's all about getting out and doing something! My dad was like that and now Ryan is the same for our kids! Robert is a great dad! Seemingly a great ball player too.