Friday, November 25, 2011

Where do you beging to tell the story of a whole year?

I'm sure most wouldn't even try to go back and write the tale of a whole year but this is the only journaling I do and I make it into a book every year.  I am just so sad I let a year go by.  I am just going to go From now until the last time I blogged so people this is for me not nessesarely anyone else.  But feel free to read it or not.


I looked up "pinterest" one day and I think it has given me inspiration to make some changes.  I have been cooking more, finding fun crafts for the kids to do and making new goals and making some changes to my house.  I had REALLY faded curtains at my sliding glass door and I couldn't take it anymore.  I went and got some fabric from Walmart that I had been thinking about.  I love the fabric but it ended up a much brighter green than I had origianlly thought it was so it became kind of hard to work into my house.  I decided I wanted more of a farm house look but I had no money to change the look of my house.  I decided to go outside and get some of my watering cans and I picked up some old wood table legs I had out in my garden and put them on top of my cabinets.  I then saw they old wood table top that has been sitting outside for years and tried to figure out how I could add it to my inside decor.  I decided to hand the table on the wall and then I had to figure out what to do with it once it was there.  After my trials and my thought I finally came up with this.  I really like it.  I moved the square rod iron things from another spot.  So I did all this without spending any money!  ya! 



I had some more fabric so I had really always wanted to do some more apholstering  so I decided to re-do these chairs in the family room.  I don't really love the look in my house but I had fun doing it.  I just think it's not quit the look I was going for.  





 Burlap and lace table runner.
 I had this old piece of wood out in my yard and made it into a cute Thanksgiving sign.  I think I will do something for Christmas on the other side.  I just have to decided what I should write.  I love making creative designs.  I need to make more!  Give me an idea of what to write!

 This is a door I had out in the garage taken off my closet because I hated it!  I felt like for Thanksgiving the counter gets so crowded with food I really wanted to have a fun desert table.  It turned out really cute painted all rustic.  I just need to find a use for it now that Thanksgiving is over:(   

 I made some pillows.  I love the burlap and lace look!!!  Rustic and Ruffles!  So fun.  I made these curtains out of an old table cloth that I had since I got married.  More re-purposing.  I love making changes and not spending money.  Maybe not everyone loves the look but I like change without using all our change. 

No comments: