Friday, November 25, 2011

Me and Cars

July 25th. I decided to go on a morning bike ride with Robert.  We were going to go about 25 miles.  Just about 2.5 miles into it suddenly a car backed out of the driveway and hit me.  I wish I could have seen it all this time.  I saw her back out suddenly and I thought that she was going to hit Robert and so I screamed just as she missed Robert and hit me.  Good thing I screamed though because she slammed on her brakes instead of running over me.  The car hit my right side and it hit me out into the street.  As I was flying into the road I didn't want to hit the ground and get scraped up and so I laid my bike down and ran across the street trying to stay on my feet.  I did it amazingly, I still can't believe I didn't hit the ground. I just took the force and ran with it.  My bike turned out ok and at first I thought I was ok and just bumped a little.  But as I was standing there and starting to cry just out of shear surprise and fright I suddenly started to feel the pain.  I had gloves on thank goodness because I can't imagine what it would have done to my hand without them.  My had had gone through her tail light shattering it.  I had a deep cut between the fingers and my ring finger was starting to hurt a lot.  But I had no idea! 
 In the ER they took FOREVER!!!!  Like 4 hours to get stiches, not what I had planned for the day.  They told me to go see a hand doctor for my finger.  I thought it was lame but I did it anyway.



 Surgery was the Doctors answer.  He said that once it healed it wouldn't be able move and that it would cause me pain the rest of my life and get worse and worse. So 10 weeks of crap!!!

 This looks fun huh!


 Lyla entertained me the weeks it was really bad.  I couldn't do just about anything.  I am right handed so this was so much fun trying to be a mom with no hands.  I admit I was seriously depressed for awhile.  I didn't get out of bed 1 day cause I felt there was no reason to.  I did get some reading done.  I love "The Help"










 It got infected really bad and it hurt so bad!!!  He took it out in the doctors office no drugs of anykind.  He just grabbed his pliers and cut the ends off and then pulled it right out.  I almost passed out.  It was just weird and gross.  I felt like I was going to pass out all day after.

So after 8 weeks of physical therapy my hand is doing better.  I can't completely bend it but it still might get better.  It gets really achy in the mornings and sometimes it will just hurt.  But over all I can't complain too much! 
The poor lady that hit me is having a really hard time.  The couple is really nice and we have talked several times.  I think I will stop by sometime before Christmas to see how she is doing cause she mentally was having a really hard time! 

No comments: