Monday, January 26, 2009

I hate starting over!

One of the worst things to do in life is start over, at least for the most part. I guess in some cases we would love to start over. So now I guess I just disagreed with myself. Anyway starting is usually the hard part anyway, and to do it over again makes however bad it was the first time 10X's worse.
I have got on the treadmill almost everyday the past few weeks and done a 30 power walk, incline training, or heart rate workout. I have really enjoyed it. I decided it was time to run. I just can't wait any longer and I have felt great for weeks now. I don't know what the Dr. would say but I just couldn't wait, I will see him next week.
So in my mind I was going to just get on and run for 30 min. I thought I was going to die after about 3 min. I did some interval running instead. It was so hard! I'm sure I would like it better outside but just look outside. I HATE starting all of my training over again. I was up to running 9 miles fairly easy (not fast). I now feel like I couldn't run a full mile. I'm sure it will take a little time and it might not even take that long, but I HATE starting over.

So on another note. Lyla passed out 2 times last week. The first time it freaked me out. She had slipped and bumped (and I do mean softly bumped) her head on the tile. I went and picked her up and she started to cry, but she held on to her cry and didn't breathe. She held it so long all of the sudden she just went limp. Her eyes rolled and she was completely still. AHHHH! What just happened. It scared me to death, I thought maybe she really did bump it harder than I thought or maybe it was just where she hit it. After a few min. of trying to get her to react back to me she finally came to and starting walking around. She did it again the next day when throwing a fit about something being taken away from her. This time Robert was there to see it. Talk about drama. My mom tells me I would hold my breath when I was a baby and pass out also. I guess that's what I get. She really is a sweet heart but now I see that we have a little bit of drama coming with this one.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I, too, have been getting on the treadmill everyday and have been feeling really good about myself, and now you are telling me I CAN'T RUN?! I'm sure I could run if only I tried:)
Also, I hope Lyla's okay! It's crazy how our kids can send us into a panic.

Emily K. said...

We're running at the Oval in the mornings if you would like to come! I know it's hard, and I am no where near 9 miles ~ so we can grow our runs together!
That is too freaky about Lyla. I hope she's okay and doesn't start a habit about this.

Anonymous said...

Don't give up! I need my running buddy back!

SPN1227 said...

Breath holding - Just love that! My first was a "breath holder". It started when she was about 7 months old and was mad about something. I was left afterwards wondering if I had imagined it or if she was having seizures or something I should be really worried about. Always happened when she was hurt or angry. At her one year appt I asked the dr about it, sure it would be some terrible diagnosis. "Breath holding" is all she said at first - I was amazed and relieved. It even had a name - surely that was good news, right? Anyway - she said it couldn't hurt her. If she held her breath long enough she would just pass out and her body would take over for her with breathing and all that and she would come to. It happened more times than I'd care to remember even after I knew what it was. It is so scary to watch your child pass out. And then its over and they're back. The dr said that as long as we didn't overreact or make a big deal out of it she would grow out of it - and she has. She said that if we gave her a lot of attention for it, positive or negative she might do it for longer just to get the reaction. But they don't have the ability to do it on purpose until they are a little older supposedly. Anyway - I'm sorry you get to deal with this fun thing. It will pass and you'll both be fine. Eventually :) Try not to worry too much about it.