Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ammon

I just don't have enough time it seems to just sit down and write about things. I love blogging but it is so time consuming for me.

Ammon
What can I say, he is just a pretty darn good kid. Ammon still enjoys being my baby boy - he loves to cuddle up and be held and loves butterfly kisses from Mom. I love that about him, because unlike his baby sister he will just let you hold him forever (Lyla is not a cuddler, she pretty much wants nothing to do with it). Ammon makes me laugh with all his funny questions and things he does. He loves playing with Lyla but we often have to tell him to get off of her. He doesn't understand because she is usually laughing somehow. One day last month I decided to get out some word flash cards and see if we could start some reading and to my surprise he could pretty much read all 50 - 3 and 4 letter words. We were dying laughing though. Something I love about Ammon is that he can laugh at himself and have fun with his mistakes. Ammon has a really hard time with the letter r and also a few others but mainly r sounds. He will sound out a word and the r sound comes out a w sound. The funny thing is that you tell him how to fix the sound and he over does it and he's got his whole face into it. He laughs and we all laugh. I love watching him learn and I love that he seems to be teachable and not afraid of his mistakes.

I found Ammon and Anna playing the computer together. Ammon was holding her hand and stroking it. It was so cute just to see them enjoying being together. They love playing together but they are the best at pushing eachothers buttons.

I can't really think of anything else of significance right at the moment. Ammon loves his transformers and he believe I don't know how to transform anything and that I will brake it. He is at a good age, 4 years old is the in between terrible 2's and the I am getting old enough that I can do what I want. Ammon is a fairly quiet kid unless you make him made and then he has the best little girl scream in the house.
Robert took him skiing last Monday and said he was a natural. I was told that he did great and really didn't want help. I can't believe he is old enough to go skiing. He had so much fun and then came home and threw up because he didn't like what we were having for dinner. He seemed to act fine until the next day when he laid on the couch and slept all day. This is how my kids have strep. He sleeps one day and Robert and I get it and are sick like you wouldn't believe with it for a week.
We love our little guy!

No comments: