I loved Vegas. It was such a fun weekend. We headed out about 3:30 or so and stoped and ate dinner and got to Vegas about 11:00. We had so much fun driving down. We say our hearts out to pass the time. We have decided we need microphones in the car. I think the drive there was almost my favorite part which I know is kind of funny. Friday morning we did a little work out at the gym so we felt like we could eat anything we wanted the rest of the day. We walked the strip and shopped a little. I was on the lookout for a purse since mine had broke. I found one right off.
We had a wedding to go to later on. The little Wedding Chapel of the West on the south end of the strip. Robert's cousin got married. It was kind of fun to go to a Vegas wedding just to say I've been to a Vegas wedding. Interesting but fun. Then with all of the Robinson clan we went to a buffet (that I would never recommend going to) and then headed back out to Cesar's palace to do some more shopping and looking. We had 9 people in our group but about 26 of us all together came out to the wedding.
Saturday we spent the entire day at Fashion Show Mall. We didn't even get through all of it. It is soo big. I can't believe that we shopped all day. We did take 2 and 1/2 hours for lunch though. We had so much fun all together.
I can't wait to do it again. I loved Vegas and all the craziness about it. But I love being home in Utah were everything is a little bit more normal.
On another note Lyla passed out again at my moms house over the weekend. We found out She has BHS - Breath Holding Spells. Before you get concerned - My doctor showed me a sight to look up on the Internet. It's normal (not normal but not uncommon) and not harmful to a baby. Some Babies start it at about 3 months to 18 months and usually it stops by at least age 3. It happens to be hereditary and guess who she got this from - ME - I did the same thing when I was a baby. It's an involuntary spell. They don't realize that they are doing it, but it usually happens from getting really upset or mad about something and then forgetting to breath between cry's or they hold out the cry to long. It's so scary when it happens but like they said it's not harmful to them unless other stuff happens along with it (so far not her case) and as a parent you aren't supposed to give attention to it that would be noticeable to the baby because it also can become their way of getting attention and getting their way. She is such a great kid and hardly ever even gets upset. Got to love being a Mom, there is always something going on. It's the life of loving your kids and enjoying all the crazy moments and all the ups and downs. Who knew what we were getting into and all the weird, crazy, scary, fun it would be to be a mom. I love it! (at least most of the time) (I sure realize how much I love it when I am away missing all of it) (and enjoying not having all of it for a moment)
3 comments:
How fun, just you and Robert went without the kids? Great times! I am leaving in 2 days with a girlfriend, where is the Fashion Shopping Mall you were talking about? I am so excited to go but just need some ideas of what to do in Vegas. Now if i wasn't one with standards and moral i could think of a lot to do, but..... any other suggestions would be great. We have gone 3 times but always with the kids so we do kid stuff. What would be fun for me and her to do?
The breathing thing... i have heard about that. I did a photo shoot for a family and the baby did not want to sit and she was just screaming and then passed out, I was so scared and the parents were like, oh its okay she will get up in a minute and then be happier! I thought how crazy and then they explained it to me. That is so scary. Did she just start doing that recently?
Anyways i am glad you had fun! Let me know if you can give me suggestions.
Stephanie
Morgan used to do that when she was little. SO SCARY! It was a relief when we found out it was somewhat normal. After awhile we learned to blow in her face when she would start to hold her breath, and that would usually make her take a deep breath. Good luck!!
Connie! It is so good to see you and see what you and your family have been up to! You look great, and I can't believe how much your children look like you! Please keep in touch! I miss you! I am so happy you have a blog!
Post a Comment