Ok I am not talking about Kelsy yet, she is my cute little girl, I will show you what I mean as I go.
So Kelsy is my cute little 8 year old. She loves anything to do with art and creativity. She loves school and loves playing with her best friend Claire. Kelsy is getting pretty good at the piano and loves to memorize songs so she can just sit down and play something whenever she wants. She is so impatient with her learning. She wants to be able to do things perfect from the very begining. I am always trying to get her to give herself a chance. She cries and cries over something and then she realizes that after a little bit of practice she can do it and then laughs at how much she cried over it. If you asked her what some of her favorite things to do are it would be being with Mom and Dad. Any chance she has to restle with either one of us she takes it. Her favorite thing (mine too) is in the car when everyone else falls asleep and she gets to have one on one talking with us. She always has interesting questions and makes us laugh. We are so proud of her and all she does. She is learning to ask important questions and learning where to go for the answers.
Kelsy just got retainers last week. Poor girl has been misserable with them. It's a mouth full to get used to.
I got out all my pictures and showed her that I had to go through it all too but I had to pull 4 teeth first and I think she thinks she is glad that she doesnt' have to do that.This is me at age 8. This I think is just before I hit the ugly years. I am putting it all out there so no laughing, at least not too much.



This picture is the day I got my braces and what my teeth were like after I got my teeth pulled and before I got the braces put on. (WHAT am I wearing?)


I think this is me at 15 right after they got taken off. I couldn't find any really good pictures of me with my brace face but you all know how that looks anyway.





Hello 80's, that is some v neck dress I got going!
I had to where retainers for many more years after the braces came off. Why I didn't take them out for school pictures I don't know.

The light at the end of the tunnel. I hope Kelsy will look at this and hopefully see that it will all go worth it. She is having such a hard time getting used to the retainer and we still have about 6 years to go with all of it. The only thing I got for her is that I have been there. Poor sweetheart!

2 comments:
The joys of childhood. I don't think you ever really did have an ugly year, it's just what your self perception is. We all do that.
We all felt like we had ugly years ( and sometimes still have ugly days) but I'll just say Look how beautiful you are now!! And I've always thought Kelsy is a beautifl ittle girl!
Post a Comment