Monday, November 3, 2008

October in a glance!

I am just going to fill you in on my month. Now that I look back it was sure a long month for me.

Grandpa Call's Birthday party!

My Dad, Mom, Grandma and Grandpa Call

We started off by having a party at my Grandpa Call house at the end of Sept. for his birthday! I love getting together with family. I love all my cousins. I've got a great family! We always have plenty to talk about and catch up on. Most everyone still lives in Layton where I grew up but there are a few that are up North in Bear River and then there is me the rebel that moved to West Jordan the opposite way. Far away but not forgotton I hope!

There are a lot of us!




This my Grandparents back porch, I have a lot of Memories at this house. Grandma and Grandpa lived just 2 houses down the street from us. We could either walk on the road to there house or how nice as a mom you could send your kids through the safer no cars way through the corn field. My Dad along with Grandpa and his brother Val were Onion farmers. I have visions of onions, onions, onions. It was a great life. I loved riding in the tractor with my dad for hours during harvest times. I remember laughing at him singing along with a Reba song. I though it was so funny. I loved to race the tractor across the field thinking I was so fast. (Have you ever seen how fast tractors go when planting or harvesting.) Can you imagine how dirty we were! I loved it though! I could go on and on but I wont.

Robert and I also have special memories of this house because this was also our first home our first year of marriage. Grandma and Grandpa went on a mission to Africa just before we got married. What a blessing for us. It was so nice to have a year in Layton with the people I loved. Mom and Dad were never too far away. We always knew where we could find food. This is where I learned that the computer nerd I had married told me to stop calling my dad when something didn't work and that he actually knew what a screwdriver was. Little did I know that I married a total do it yourself guy.








There are a total of I think 30 great grandkids for Grandma and Grandpa, Kelsy was #2 great grandkid. We sure grew quickly!

No comments: