Friday, August 7, 2009

My Favorites!

You might think I am board. But I am just tired of doing the things I should be doing like cleaning my house again. I always think it is clean and I could have a rest for a min but you can't. No matter what the kitchen always has to be cleaned up and before you know it the laundry somehow made mountains while you weren't looking and there are things left everywhere all over the floor. I clean until I am happy with the results and turn around and have to start all over again.
So I will focus on the positives. Things I do like:

My number 1 like is: I like my husband, he is definitely my fav. Robert is a great husband and a wonderful friend, the very best friend, we love hanging out together and talking and just being together. I tell him everything. He is a great Dad, he loves playing with his kids, Lyla is such a little daddy's girl. She loves her Dad I wish I had her Daddy scream on video. One thing I love about Robert is that if I haven't gotten to making the bed he almost always does. If only one thing gets done all day it is that the bed is always made. I am glad that that is important to him, it makes me feel that everyday is a new day and I can walk into my room and be happy. A made bed always make the room feel so much better. My Next Favorite is my children. Lately my favorite thing to do with them is read. I started spending 15 or 20 min with each of them and reading and listening to them read to me at night. I usually have sent them to bed and they could read on their own but I decided that I really should read with them. It has been the best thing. I love listening to each one of them and seeing how they improve and how they love the book they are reading. I love when they stop and talk about it or laugh.
Kelsy wants always to read books that are a little beyond her which I think is great and hard, I think they need to have something beyond them and something on their level so they don't get too discouraged. She always wants to be better, she is reading Eragon right now at home and one of the Rebecca American Girl books, and at school she is reading The Witches which was a book my 6th grade teacher read to me. I loved it and hope she likes it too.
Anna just finished a book called My Fathers Dragon, it was a really cute book I really liked it and now she is reading many of our short story books. She is my cuddler, she loves to read the most out of all the kids. She wants to read to me more than listen to me read to her. She really loves to learn.
Ammon has comletely amazed me when I started doing this at night with him. He is reading so good. I think oh he wont know that word and he totally just reads it great. He reads a new book to me almost everynight with little help. We have a lot of Fisher-Price begining reader books and Let's read together books. I love my time with him. Now that the girls are back in school I got him a work book to work on with me and he loves it. He is going through it like crazy, he can't put it down. The other Day I was enjoying being with him so much that when a little friend came by I told him that Ammon was having quiet time, when actually I just wanted him to be home with me. Shelfish I know! I just love seeing how good he is at this little workbook. I am going to have to buy another one too soon, and it's a 300 page book.
Sadly I don't read to Lyla, it's easier to put her to bed and read one on one with the other kids especially when it takes me awhile to get through 3 of them. Robert takes turns with them when he is home so I am not always reading with all three every night.
Now my other favorites don't really have an order they are just things I like:
As you know I love the garden, I love hard work and then the result of it.
I love seeing the vegetables grow and produce, I love seeing the tiny zuchinni turn instantly into large zuchinni. I really love to eat them.
I love tomatoes, I love to just eat them right out of the garden. My new favorite thing to do with all the vegetables this year is.
I have been sauteing an onion and colorful peppers from samsclub in 1 T of olive oil for just a few min and then adding fajita seasoning to them and then I add cooked zuchinni and then last just a min before I take it off the heat I haddtomatoes. It is so yummy and so fresh. I just eat it by itself but you could wrap it into a tortilla or add chicken. I just like the plain vegies, I feel so healty. I cook it so it's all just soft but still crisp and fresh.
I love to eat out on my patio, especially breakfast, I love the morning air. I love getting things done early in the morning. I wish I could remember that when I am laying in my bed thinking it might be nicer to lay there and then I always regret it. I thought I would share my favorite make ups.
#1 I LOVE bare minerals. I started using it about 3 years ago. It has been wonderful. It lasts a long time so the expense up front is not that bad when you know it will last awhile. I love their powder founation and their eyeshadows, I haven't tried much else.
#2 I just started using Cover Girls Lash Blast, it really lasts all day and is easy to put on, I also wore it when I was out on the boat wakeboarding and when everyone else had racoon eyes mine was still on very nice and it is not waterproof and it comes off when I want very easy.
#3 I like NYC Sparkle Eye Dust, I have been using it for years. My favorite is Champagne not pink Champagne just Champagne. It's just easy and fast, I like to be in and out of the bathroom in under 20-30 including the shower and hair.
#4 If I had to choose a nail polish I love Sinful Colors. It is rare though for me to take the time on my toes or hands. But I like the color #89 Shausha.
#5 last ; Loreal has a cheeper version of the Bare Minerals that I like. I like their Illuminateur mineral- mauve glow 430. I like this brand more for cheek color and eyes more than the fountation powder.

Well that is really enough about me and my likes for now. I just love to get things done, I like to work hard and then have a nice space to relax and enjoy my surroundings, I don't need a book or any entertainment. I love the sound of quiet and just my thoughts, I would love to just sit and listen to kids play if they just would learn to play with out fighting.







No comments: