Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ammon's Favorites'

My little Ammon is my favorite little man!

Favorite color: "green, just because I like green"

Favorite things to do inside: Play Mario Cart on the Wii or Wii sports games. He's pretty much the only one who plays them because the rest of us aren't big gamers but he gets us to play along once in awhile.

Favorite food: "cereal, pancakes and waffles" he says. I don't know how the kid is alive. Yesterday he pretty much had glasses of milk to eat all day. He will eat a ton one day and then eat nothing for a couple of days.

Favorite toy: He really loves his transformers. Ammon likes to just pick one toy and carry it around for the whole day (not constantly but just around) usually he picks a transformer.

Favorite thing to do outside: play with friends and run around

Favorite thing to do with the family: "Go on bike rides and walks". This is funny because Heidi can attest to this; when going on an afternoon walk Ammon gets in the stroller and curls up and goes to sleep. He sleeps on most of my walks. I guess it's his way of enjoyment. He loves doing outdoor things with the family though. I can't wait to start hiking again!

Favorite snack: Oreos if he can get me to buy them

Favorite buddy: Carter, they play together for hours on end. I will be sad when all the neighborhood boys go to school this year and little Ammon has to stay at home. I know it will only be half day but I already feel bad for him.

Favorite book: Ammon loves Green Eggs and Ham mainly because he knows how to read most of the words and the ones he can't he has memorized. He can pretty much read/say the entire book by himself. Now if I could get him to love other books like he likes that one.

Favorite T.V. show: He is not a big TV guy but he likes SuperWhy (we only have basic TV(which I love) so we only have PBS)

Favorite movies: as we type here Ammon is watching Sandlot, but that's not his favorite (it's snowing outside and we have nothing else to do), right now he loves StarWars anything.

Least Favorite thing to do: Clean his room, get dressed and brush his teeth. He hates these things which is why all 3 have to be done anytime he wants to play the Wii. It's been a really great way to get him to do a few little things and he is getting better at just doing it. If all of them happen to be done we have the other thing he hates a quick 5 thing pick-up. (my fav and his least fav)

Funny thing about Ammon: When Ammon is tired he will go to sleep. MANY people know this about Ammon. He will fall asleep in the car on the way to the grocery store and I will drag him out and stick him in the cart where he continues to sleep the whole time. I will then drag him back into his car seat and then back out and onto the couch at home still sleeping for another hour. (and many times I don't just go to one store, he has been drug around all over and never knows where he has been) When the kid wants to sleep he sleeps and he will sleep for hours if you let him. You might think he doesn't sleep at night but he sleeps a great 11 hours at night. Yesterday he took a nap on the couch and got up in the middle of it and went potty and then went back to sleep for another hour. He just likes to sleep when he wants to.

My goal update:

I gained none and lost none. I guess its better than gaining so I am fine with it.

My Nike running goals:

My goal was 80 miles in 4 weeks. Far fetched goal but I thought I could do it while in my training for the 10 miler and the half. I am happy that I did a total of 64 but I have to add in 6 miles that were not counted so that's 70 miles, and who wouldn't be happy with that.

My goal to run 20 times in 4 weeks was accomplished, and my calorie goal was ridiculous but I really had no idea what was attainable so I just threw it out there. In my speed goal I wanted to have my average pace for 5 runs to be under 8'30" and I did 4 so that is good too.

So after all these goals I know where I am at and what I can do and what I can try for next. I think they keep me motivated and that's what I need. My goal right now is just to be able to get though the 10 miler in a couple of weeks without falling over and dying. I am starting to panic about it and get nervous and I still have a couple of weeks to go. I am getting scared, good thing I allready paid for it or I might back out.

No comments: