Good Friends, Fun and we all are Crazy!
Saturday I went with some crazy people and ran the Salt Lake 10 miler in Emigration Canyon. If you remember it was snowing on Saturday morning but we went anyway! I thought that the snow would make it miserable but really it was not that bad other than a few spots on the road that you felt like you better be careful not to slip. We left at 6:00 am and started the race at 7:30 am. I went with my awesome brother Drew and a sister-in-law and my good friend Sarah (not Drew's wife Sara, and not my other brothers wife Sarah but my husbands brother William's wife Sarah - is that confusing?) and my great friend Heidi. The race started with 2 miles up hill and then most of it was a gradual downhill and a lot of little hills. It was uphill both ways! So I made it under my goal by a min. I wanted to finish under a hour and 30 min. (Kelsy just gave me a lesson on when to use a and an. She didn't think it was appropriate to use it before the word hour.) I am happy to say I got 5th place in my age division out of 22. 

My time was 1:28:58.63, I got 50th place out of 111 people, So I was in the top half which I was also happy about. It was hard for me. I was sooo sore yesterday!
Heidi got 36th overall she was about 6 min. faster than me, she is awesome. 

Drew was right after her in 37th, I am soo proud of him. He basically just up and did this race.

Sarah was 43rd place making her 3rd in our division.
They all did awesome. I was really happy to know I wasn't 10 min behind them like I thought. I was so proud of everyone. I am so glad it's over and it really was fun and hard. Running is crazy but it is just somehow fulfilling. I love running with friends. It's our out, my time for me time. I think getting up bright and early has been the best way to start the day. Running free you can work out your day in your mind as you run. I feel like I go into my day more ready to face whatever when I have got up and worked out. Anyway I think running is great for your mind and body. It's just for me not a really great way to loose weight so for me it's just my time with friends and a way to get my head ready for the day.
They all did awesome. I was really happy to know I wasn't 10 min behind them like I thought. I was so proud of everyone. I am so glad it's over and it really was fun and hard. Running is crazy but it is just somehow fulfilling. I love running with friends. It's our out, my time for me time. I think getting up bright and early has been the best way to start the day. Running free you can work out your day in your mind as you run. I feel like I go into my day more ready to face whatever when I have got up and worked out. Anyway I think running is great for your mind and body. It's just for me not a really great way to loose weight so for me it's just my time with friends and a way to get my head ready for the day.Thinking about loosing weight I didn't do my last Monday update. I lost another 2 pounds by last Monday so I was happy I had made it to my goal. But I think long distance running makes me retain water or whatever because this morning I was 4 pounds heavier than last Monday. I say I retain water because I woke up yesterday so swollen, I couldn't get my rings off if I had to. Anyway so I am fine where I am at, I will continue working at it like everyone else.
2 comments:
You are amazing! I am so proud of you. I checked the results and told Chris how awesome you did. I'm very impressed and sad I wasn't there running with you. YOU ROCK!!!!!
Wait to go! You guys are animals!
Post a Comment