This is one of the new recipes I have tried lately.
(I got this recipe from Familyfun.com)
1 boneless chicken breast
2 cups chicken broth
1 14-oz. can coconut milk
1/2 cup lemongrass, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
1 tbsp. lime juice
Chopped cilantro to taste
1. Combine the chicken breast, broth, coconut milk and lemongrass in a saucepan. Bring the mixture almost to a boil, then lower the heat and let it simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked. Remove the chicken from the broth and shred the meat. Strain the broth through a sieve, then add the chicken, lime juice and cilantro to taste. Serve with white rice, if desired. Makes 1 quart.
So I made some changes to the recipe and made it my own. I couldn't find lemongrass and the strore which I am sure would make this soup more tasty and interesting. Instead I put in chopped carrots and added mushrooms and I mixed the rice into the soup. We really loved it. But feel free to make it anyway you please.
1 boneless chicken breast
2 cups chicken broth
1 14-oz. can coconut milk
1/2 cup lemongrass, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
1 tbsp. lime juice
Chopped cilantro to taste
1. Combine the chicken breast, broth, coconut milk and lemongrass in a saucepan. Bring the mixture almost to a boil, then lower the heat and let it simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked. Remove the chicken from the broth and shred the meat. Strain the broth through a sieve, then add the chicken, lime juice and cilantro to taste. Serve with white rice, if desired. Makes 1 quart.
So I made some changes to the recipe and made it my own. I couldn't find lemongrass and the strore which I am sure would make this soup more tasty and interesting. Instead I put in chopped carrots and added mushrooms and I mixed the rice into the soup. We really loved it. But feel free to make it anyway you please.

No comments:
Post a Comment