So I am kind of a retarded Mom. Kelsy had a talent show in November. They had been practicing a cute little skit with all the girls. So me not even thinking that she needed to perform her own talent didn't even cross my mind. I was just thinking that they were doing the skit, so I am really dumb.Anyway the day of the Talent Show we walked into the church and sat down and then stupid me realizes that she is supposed to have a talent to show. I asked Kelsy "So what are we going to do for your talent, I didn't even think about it. I'm so sorry Kelsy". She looks at me and says "I am going to play the piano Mom, Ode to Joy." I am just thinking, OK I hope this goes over well, she had no music with her and she didn't practice on something repeatedly. I was so nervous, I thought she was going to play some little song and WOW was I surprised. Kelsy gets up to play her song and I was completely taken of guard. She had the song which was quite long all memorized. I had heard her play it before but I didn't know it was memorized. She did so well, that was better to me than any recital. I am just so proud of her. ( I wish my video's worked on here but they don't load for some reason)
I know what you are thinking...What kind of Mom has no idea their daughter is supposed to play in a talent show and then on top of that doesn't know she has memorized a song so well. (I know it's only a half excuse but I have 4 kids)
In my defense I am going to say out of all the things I have tried to teach my kids is that they should be confident and independent people. I am so proud of Kelsy this year. She has always been so shy and so afraid to do things on her own. She couldn't talk to adult and she just had a hard time being around a lot of people and attention. She has come out of her shell. She just amazed me that she needed no help figuring out what she would do for her talent. The week before this talent show we went to parent teacher conference. I was again amazed at her. Her teacher told us that she is a huge participator in class, she raises her hand all the time, answers questions and comes up with different ways of solving math problems for the class. I was just like "?really?" That just is so funny. I always thought she was just quiet and listened in class. She doesn't ever interrupt but she is always commenting on the teachers questions and gives answers. I just love it. I am so proud of that. I can't tell you how worried I have been about how shy she is, and not just shy but not as confident as she should be. I think it's just important for these little girls to know that they can talk, that there is value in their opinions and that they can talk to adults and not be afraid. The hard thing is to teach that and teach them to respect adults and listen. I am just so happy to see her coming out of her shell and becoming such a beautiful, fun little girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment