Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The new bathroom!


This
+ this
+ this 



= this!

I am enjoying all the hard work that I put into this bathroom now but I was thinking there for awhile "what did we get ourselves into?"

It was crazy and very messy for about 3 weeks or so.  It is one thing after another with projects!  We hired some of it out that we had no idea how to do.  The guy put me right away to work cutting the tile and he laid it.  He helped out with the floor and ceiling and then we were on our own.  It always seemed like I was geting it done pretty quickly and then it would suddenly be after midnight.  I also worked on it much when Robert was at work and the kids were all playing.  Lyla found some entertainment with markers as you can see.  I wouldn't say I neglected her but she did sneak away and loves to color on herself.  (At least it's washable and it's not on walls right?)  But it's all worth it now.  We are so happy to have a bathroom for the kids and then are so excited!  I got the girls a curling iron and hair dryer so they could start doing that a little more on their own.  They are not there yet (too scary, but I am sure they will want to soon)  They do their own hair a lot of the time but it's ponytails and headbands.  We are also so glad that we got the floor re-done in the bathroom upstairs.  It was bad before.  I just love it and am so glad that it is done! 

(Anyone need some tile work done- I know how to use a saw!)

No comments: