I look like I am having a great time at my 30th birthday party huh!
My birthday was just after Thanksgiving and I will tell you why I had such a great week and ended up with this face. I will just play pitty party here.
So I had had my dentist tell me back in like October that I would need a root canal on a tooth that had fractured about a year before that he had put a crown on and it just didn't work. So I was just thinking that I had just paid for this crown and was not excited about paying for this root canal so I decided that it would be best to do it in January when our insurance rolls over and we don't have to pay so much out of pocket. So on Thanksgiving morning of all mornings I woke up with a killer tooth ache!!! I started popping down the Ib prophen and thought that I could pretend it wasn't that bad. I was dying. By the time we all got together I was about to tears but still just trying to get through Thanksgiving trying to enjoy the meal. After dinner My sister-in-law finally told Robert that I had to go the the emergency room or something. So I headed to the insta care-the third one we found was finally open. After spending about 4 hours going to the doctor and getting some medicine we headed back to Thanksgiving. What a great way to spend my day. They really couldn't do anything for me because I get really sick with most pain medicine. My Dentist was out of town and my Endodontist couldn't see me until Monday. So I had to wait it out- they can't do much anyway when it's that bad until you take antibiotics to get things down to where they are not so swollen.
So my birthday was Saturday and I was still dying. It had been days and nights of unbearable pain. I have had my baby's all natural and let me tell you I would have rather have been in labor. IT WAS BAD!!! So for my 30th birthday Robert decided to do something special and have a party for me. We had never done that for me because my birthday is so close to Thanksgiving. I did not want to be there, it was so misserable sitting there with everyone. It was the worst birthday ever and it was the one everyone tried to make a big deal out of. I felt really bad! I finally took some pain meds that night and was so sick all the next day, but I got the root canal on Monday after $850. out of pocket, and finally started feeling better after a week. That's my little sob story!
On a cuter note.... Lyla is so funny because I started making Spinach soup for lunch for me and it's probably Lyla's favorite thing. She asks for it all the time. Kids actually like Spinach :)
1 comment:
It could have been worse... my 30th birthday was. I'd much rather have a root canal than cancer. Cancer that ruined even the hope of having a party or celebrateing. I"m going big on number 31 since Cancer destroyed my 30th. Possibly even bigger than my 20th would have been just 'cause I was so mad I missed celebrating! Look for an invitaion coming in June...
I actually have a root canal on the calander this year for 2 days after my 31st birthday. Sadly I figured I could use my birthday money to pay for. Glad your feeling better- you ahould have a big 31st too- we'll start a new fad.
Post a Comment