Back on June 13th the whole family got to go to the new Oquirrh Moutain Temple open house. We had been through the new Draper Temple not too long ago so I didn't really think this Temple would be much different. It really was different to me. I really loved being inside this new Temple. Maybe because its in our district and it's the temple we will be able to go to often. It was just beautiful inside. I didn't expect to get emotional about it but I did. Seeing my sweet little innocent (well almost) children there was a great opportunity for us as well us the children. I hope they will have a desire to return there and partake of the blessings they can have inside. I feel so very blessed to be insight of so many Temples. I can not take them for granted.
For those who can get an opportunity to go, you really should. Also if anyone has any questions about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and the temples you are so welcome to ask and also visit these sites. www.lds.org www.jesuschrist.lds.org
So after we were done with the open house we headed for a day at Lagoon. It was a cloudy day but we had hopes for good enough weather. It was I think the perfect day for Lagoon. The temperature was just right and there were not too many people. Robert and I really are not the theme park kind of people but we really had fun with the kids. When there are just about no lines who wouldn't have fun. It was just ride after ride. Anna even went on Wicked with me. I was scared of that one. Going straight up and then straight down really had me nervous. Anna is such a little dare devil. I tell Kelsy not to worry about being more scared to do things than her sister because I think there are good things about both personalities. Kelsy knows her limits and is just not a big risk taker. But she is a very mature and responsible person. She has got to be the best oldest child because I can count on her all the time. She just can not wait for opportunities to babysit and be a big responsible girl.
Anyway back to Lagoon. It rained hard for about 10 min and then it cleared out clearing about half of the people. So it was just ride after ride after that. We had such a great time and we were glad Kelsy talked us into going.
What else have we done...
Fathers Day... oh yes... We had invited all the Robinson's over for a backyard picnic. Well of course it rained. I was so sad. I wanted it to be outside so bad. It's just better to have people over outside. So I was bummed but we still had a nice time.
My Mom and Dad and brother and kids came over on Sunday. That was really nice, it seemed like it had been to long again since I had seen them. I have a great Dad and a great husband, I am so blessed with many great men in my life. I am so proud of all of them and that they are all good men.
I know my blogs get long...
No comments:
Post a Comment