Saturday, September 13, 2008

Survival


Well I survived another tonsillectomy and adnoidectomy, ...oh I mean Ammon survived. I either have the best ENT surgeon or maybe the best kids because everyone told me when Anna got her tonsils out (even the doctors) that she would be horrible. They usually are just hurting and miserably and all they want is ice-cream and cold drinks but no not her she wanted to eat mac and cheese at the hospital before we left. My camera died and this was the only picture I got-not a great one.

Back to Ammon, as soon as he woke up he opened his mouth wide and said "are they gone", with-in the first hour after he woke up he ate jell-o and gram crackers, I just think that wouldn't feel good. He talked and acted like nothing ever happened. The only thing that was off about him was his balance. He could not walk straight for hours and he would tip over in the hospital bed. After the anastezia wears off I guess it still takes awhile to get out of the system. You would never know by how he has been acting that anything happened at all. He even had fried chicken for dinner, even when he could have had anything else he wanted. The sad thing was that he was doing so much better than me. The day before his surgery I got a fever and then woke up the next morning with a MAJOR soar throat, I took him to Primary Children's and wore a mask all day and sat in a chair miserably sick all day next to him trying to be loving and take care of him and his needs. It was awful. I don't mean to take from his pain spotlight but man it was bad and I had no time to go to the doctor. I finally went in today and got some antibiotics, it would be so sad to get him sick during recovery, although he is on antibiotics also. So at the end of 3 days I am finally feeling a little better - I hope. I know I am being the whiny one and poor Ammon just had surgery and could care less. What a great kid. He is already breathing so much better, we are so glad we finally got it done, poor kid hasn't really been able to breathe for a while, this will hopefully give him a better quality of life; more and better sleep, less allergy attacks, hopefully he will eat better because its hard to eat without breathing through you nose, I hate the feeling of being stuffy, and I can't imagine feeling that way all the time. I just hope things will be better for him. I just can't get over at how good things went! What a trooper of a kid!

4 comments:

Emily K. said...

I'm glad Ammon's doing so well and that you're feeling better. Had I known I would've taken kids for you:)

Kristin said...

Glad it went so well!! Here's to a speedt recovery for both of you!!!

Rosie said...

Hey Connie this doesn't relate but you can tell Robert and his friends to stay off of my throne. Or make sure they bring plenty of candles and disinfectant.

Ashy and his Mommy said...

That's great everything went well. I can always count on your blog to have current updates, thanks!