Good Times! That pretty much sums up this great weekend. I left with this bunch of girls - all a little bit nervous and ready to run! This was the best group. 6 of us girls were all great friend and the rest all became great friends quick. There were 10 girls and only 2 guys. Our group was called "Let's Go Streaking".
We first had to decorate our Vans. There were 2 Vans, I was in Van 2 - the better Van (jk).
That first Night we drove into Parawan to stay the night. I think we were excited and a little silly.
Me and my best buddy Heidi!
Heidi off and running! Her first Run was straight up the mountain.
I just can't say how much fun this all was just hanging out with these girls!
Getting ready for my first run. It seemed to take forever because the race started at 7am and I didn't get going until about 3pm. My first run was 6.5 miles. Somehow I got a sideache like you couldn't believe, nothing made it go away. I just kept on running through it though. It wasn't just a sideache though something was killing me(it actually hurt for another 3 days so I am not sure what was going on) anyway it was DANG painful I tell you!!! Like labor kind of pain! Anyway I ran it and wasn't going to stop. The other thing about this first run was that it was on a mountain highway with cars flying by and practically no shoulder. I wasn't scared for the most part but I think when the pain was really bad and I was about a mile away from finishing the cars suddenly got to me and I suddenly had a full out panic attack. I was going to hypervenelate and realized I was blacking out so I had to take a second and stop to re-organize myself to keep going. I have never done that before. It was scary and I had to just tell myself it was all fine. So this was not my best run of the relay but it was an accomplishment in many ways.
Sporting the tu-tu's!
My final race was compleated! It was awesome. I loved my last run. It was just under 6 miles, all slightly uphill and through a mountain trail. It was a great run!
The whole gang.


2 comments:
That was a GREAT weekend. I don't know about Van 2 being the best :) You ladies totally rocked!
SO GLAD i got to do this with you! It would not have been the same without you. Love ya girl!
Post a Comment