Saturday, October 2, 2010

Grandma Call

My dear Grandma passed away today on her 81st birthday.  She is my Dad's mom.  Grandma and Grandpa Call lived down the street about 3 houses away from us while growing up so I have many many memories of Grandma.  Most of all I remember just playing at her house with my cousins.  We had a great time.  I remember playing in Grandma's sandbox, playing her piano, playing in her basement, and I remember the taste of her tunafish sandwiches.  Grandma taught us cousins cooking lessons and needlepoint and how to clean. I remember going to visit Grandma and Grandpa so excited to announce that Robert and I were getting married.  So many things I will have to write a little at a time. 
Grandma most of all loved her family, loved the gospel of Jesus Christ, there is no doubt in my mind that she has a testimony.  She was dedicated to temple service and I am so glad that I was able to have her as an example in my life.  It was a blessing to be able to spend some time with her last Sunday as the Bishopric brought over the Sacrament to her.  There was a overwhelming Spirit with us in that room as we sang an opening song - "I Stand All Amazed".  It was a memory that I will charish.  I love you Grandma!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry. I loved your grandma! My mom just told me that she had cancer, so I was so surprised to hear that she passed away. Was it related to the cancer? I hope you are doing okay. Love ya.

Emily K. said...

Sorry to hear she passed away. What a double edge sword life and death are. Thank goodness for the gospel in our lives, I don't know how people cope without it. Love to you and your family.