So Robert and I thought our vacation was going absolutely wonderful. Robert said it was going better than he planned and was thanking me all the time for making all the arrangements. After getting to San Diego late in the afternoon on Wednesday we decided to have dinner early and go shopping or to walk around Balboa Park after. So we had a wonderful time at Chilies Restaurant. I was telling Robert that I liked San Diego so much better than Anaheim.
We walked to the car and got the kids in like normal and I went to sit in my seat and something was not right their was something misplaced about it. All of the sudden I realized what was going on. My parents I-Pod that we borrowed was missing and then I realized I told Robert that I was going to leave my purse in the car because I did’nt want it sitting with me at the dinner table so I had tucked it under my seat a little on the floor. It was also gone along with both of our cell phones and charger and everything that was in my purse (Which would not do any good for the Thief but to me was worth a lot).
I know you might think it’s a joke because I sure did. It had to be, it could not possibly happen to me. We were on Vacation. What a night-mare. My life line was in that purse, I feel so lost without it. We have so much to do this week replacing all that was lost and figuring things out. I have just had to think of the blessing of the Tender-Mercy's that we did have. Since everything on the trip was under my name I had to use my ID to get into the hotels and use the Park Vouchers. When we got the San Diego hotel I did’nt want to get out of the car so I sent Robert in with my Drivers License which he kept and did’nt give it back to me after. If it has been stolen with the rest of our things we would not have been able to go any where else. And my camera had been sitting in the front seat with me the entire vacation and I just happened to bring it into the hotel right after we got there.
The pictures of my Children are priceless, I am grateful for that gift. I realize how all these things we have are easily replaced or forgotten. I am grateful that we were able to continue our vacation with our children and create memories that will last forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment